Jessica's Reviews > Think Twice

Jan 12, 11

bookshelves: grade-c
Read from January 08 to 10, 2011

Grade: C+

The premise of this book is really intriguing. It definitely had a lot of potential. I have read a few of Lisa Scottoline's novels before and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Although I enjoyed this book, I felt it was lacking some of the suspenseful elements that kept me interested in the past.

The character development was seriously lacking in this book. I didn't care about any of the characters, and I was seriously irked by how clueless some of them were. We didn't get to see much of our protagonist until the second half of the novel, but even by then, I found I didn't care.

I read this novel pretty fast because I was expecting for it to get better. I was waiting for some shocking twist, or incredible plot revelation that would make this book worthwhile. It never came.

Lisa Scottoline has written some mysteries in the past that I have devoured because they were so suspenseful, so I would like to say that this particular novel was just a fluke. The enjoyment factor just wasn't there. It wasn't horrible though, but I am glad I got it from the library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think Twice.