Jae's Reviews > Mercy

Mercy by Annabel Joseph

Jan 08, 11

Jae’s Dark Divas Review of this title:

If you’ve been following my reviews at all, you’ll have noticed the numerous reviews for Annabel Joseph’s stories because I have just fallen in love each and every one. Mercy is a self-published work of Ms. Joseph’s but deserves no less accolades than any of her more recently published work. Many times early works don’t live up to an author’s latest efforts, and I truly can see the amazing growth in her writing skills and storytelling, but Mercy is an outstanding BDSM story in its own right.
In Mercy we have a bit of a darker tale of love, lust and power. Both of our main characters, Matthew and Lucy, have been hurt at some point, and on some level I think they are unaware of how that makes them act and respond with each other. I’d venture to say that they each understand the other better than they understand themselves at times. It’s truly a powerful relationship to read about. At times I was cheering them on and at others tears would come as I fretted over what would happen next.

Keep in mind that this story is more intense in many regards than what I normally review. Matthew’s issues don’t only hurt Matthew in the end as actions are set in motion that damage Lucy as well. I know that’s cryptic at best, but you’ll have to take my word for it that there is to be a happy ending, so take heart in that as you read.

If you haven’t taken the time to read a book by Annabel Joseph, you should certainly do so. If you like very intense BDSM, then start with Mercy, you won’t be disappointed. If you’d like to start with something slightly lighter…but no less powerful in any way…then start with any story that states ‘by Annabel Joseph’. Take a look at my other reviews if you need help deciding.

Rated 4 ½ Delightful Divas by Jae!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercy.