Rachel's Reviews > Black Wings

Black Wings by Christina Henry

Jan 08, 11

Read on January 08, 2011

Madeline Black is just a normal thirty something woman with black hair, eyes that fill with starshine, and an agent of death. Her best friend and room mate is a popcorn addicted gargoyle whose existence is dedicated to protecting her home. She has a hotter than average boss who just happens to have to personality of a grumpy skunk; but with all that her life is pretty normal...

Until demons start attacking her and one "handsome devil" turns up on her doorstep to rent the apartment under her. Then her life gets all kinds of interesting.

This is the first book in a new series about Maddy, the next will be out sometime in 2011 and is titled Black Night. I'm making sure to tell you this because before the book cover even cooled I was already googling. Freaking wonderful!!

The main character is a typical Urban Fantasy kick ass heroine, but hey that is why we read UF right? Hot chicks that kick demon ass! And while Maddy may not wear leather or thigh highs she definitely holds her own in the world of tough chicks. She's smart, has a wide array of magical powers, and a total smart mouth. See, what's not to love?

And this wouldn't be true UF if there wasn't a smoldering sexy bad boy waiting in the "wings" (Bad pun so intended. Haha). Gabriel is all of the above. He's part nephillim, part fallen angel and all irrestible. But sadly because of their bloodlines, their blossoming romance is doomed. But as mentioned before Maddy is one tough broad and she's not going to let anyone, not even Lucifer himself, keep her from her heart's desire.

The world is realistic and easy to follow with a fast paced plot unfolding with each turn of the page. I am already counting down the days until the next installment of Maddy's life.

This is one book you're going to need to own as it will definitely be read more than once. Hell, I'm thinking of starting it again.

Way to go Mrs. Christina Henry! I can't wait to get my hands on the next books, and I would email you and let you know this; however i think that would be counter productive since I don't want to distract you from your true purpose in life- writing about Madeline Black.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Wings.