Jessica Anne's Reviews > We Are Not Alone: The Writer's Guide to Social Media

We Are Not Alone by Kristen Lamb

Jan 23, 11

Read from January 08 to 23, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. It is written in a very conversational tone making it easy and quick to read. Kristen Lamb covers the importance of developing a social media presence for writers, including unpublished writers. In the first part of the book, she discusses why it is so important at this time in publishing to have a social media presence. In the second part, she walks the reader through setting up a blog, facebook profile and fan page, twitter account, and Myspace (I skipped that part).

This book would be extremely useful to people just starting out on social media. She spells out the etiquette, how-to's, and definitions that take months to figure out on your own. Although I have all those accounts set up, I learned ways to better manage them and make them more effective for building a potential platform. I also think this book would be useful for bloggers who want to extend their online presence and increase followers.

I found this book through Kristen Lamb's blog. A lot of the material in the book is also on her blog, although not as in depth and, of course, you would have to do a little digging to find it all.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Are Not Alone.