Angela Simmons's Reviews > Staying at Daisy's

Staying at Daisy's by Jill Mansell

Apr 05, 11

bookshelves: arc, contemporary-fiction, books-i-own, a-must-read, a-keeper, jill-mansel
Read in March, 2011

Each time I pick up a book by Jill Mansell I get lost in this crazy world that only her characters can create and I find that I never want these books to end. I started reading this book and before I knew it I had half the book read, it is a defiant page-turner, and once you get to the end you will want to start again. The dialogue between the characters flows from the page in the witty way that only Jill Mansell can compose. While the main characters are lovable and strong, the secondary are just as strong and enjoyable. I cannot speak highly enough of this book.

Staying at Daisy’s is a brilliant witty read, both funny and serious, that you will breeze through and beg for more. C.S. Lewis once stated, “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me”, and for me Staying at Daisy's could have continued forever.

So, fix you a nice cuppa tea, curl up in your favorite book nook, and check into the Colworth Manor!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Staying at Daisy's.