Jamie 's Reviews > Delirious

Delirious by Daniel Palmer

Jan 08, 11

bookshelves: thrillers, own, debut-authors
Read in January, 2011

Oh my goodness! When I started this book I had no idea what to expect. I'm still pretty new to the Thriller genre and I'd never read a Techno-thriller before. I'm really glad that I took a leap of faith on this book because I really enjoyed it.

Charlie Giles has it all at the beginning of the book. He has a great job and has a fair number of people who work for him. But then he gets word that his department is being "axed" and the job has been done internally. Even though Charlie tries extremely hard not to lose his job he is eventually fired. To add insult to injury he's becoming Delirious just like his brother and father....NOT GOOD AT ALL!

That's when things start to get REALLY interesting! Charlie finds a note that he apparently hand wrote himself, that lists all the people from his old job who MUST die. Charlie doesn't remember writing such a horrible note. Was he the one who ACTUALLY wrote it? Has Charlie already acted on the note or not? That is where the roller coaster begins! Usually I'm not a fan of roller coasters but the one in this book was a fun ride.

I thought that this book, for a debut, was really strongly written through out the whole book. This may sound really sick but my favorite part was watching Charlie deteriorate into craziness. I was a little disappointed by the climax of the story. There was a really strong build up to it and then it kind of leveled off.

Overall, I was really impressed by this book. Even with the leveling off at the climax I wasn't able to knock the rating down too much. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking to add a little craziness to their TBR pile.

Rating:

4.75/5
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirious.

Daniel Palmer Hi Jamie!! Thanks for the great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the read. I'll put a quote up on my Web site, http://www.danielpalmerbooks.com and link back to your blog. Thanks again for the great feedback. Made my day.