Jenni's Reviews > Pads for Pets: Fabulous Projects for Your Furry, Feathered, and Phibious Friends

Pads for Pets by Elizabeth Quinn

Jan 08, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: crafty
Read in January, 2011

Pads for Pets is awesome braincandy for a craft-seeker and easily worth the penny it costs to buy used on Amazon. It's the ultimate inspiration for crazy pet people, because really, what cat wouldn't want his litter box to look like a tropical island?! The downside is that there are no "in process" photos and only text guides you as you create the pads, so a visual learner will struggle. I was pleased to realize that I had already created nearly an exact model of the "Orphan Sock Bed," only mine was loosely titled the "What The Heck Should I Do With These Old Stretched-Out Bras Bed." It works great, either way, and an added bonus is that my male cats now appear to be wearing a bra whenever they rest in the bed, regardless of which angle they are viewed from. I felt that the section for Mice, Toads, Birds, Fish, & Bunnies was a tad rudimentary. Then again, perhaps people who have those sorts of companion animals do not have the time or insanity factor to devote endless hours toward making elaborate pads to be mostly ignored. One pet peeve was that the dog section included copious instructions, recipes, and even templates for a dog party. I'm guessing the idea is that your pup will be so proud of his new pad that he might invite his buddies over to see it, and you'll want to have snacks and party hats on hand. I guess that's fine, but it seemed to miss the intent of the title, so I suggest a retitling such as Pads [and a Party!] for Pets to be more all-encompassing. Overall, I liked it, and I'm off to create a "House of Cattitude."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pads for Pets.