Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > Midnight

Midnight by Dean Koontz

Jan 08, 2011

bookshelves: group-reads, read-in-2011, read-in-2005, dogs, disability, worth-reading-again-and-again, read-in-2017
Read from April 18 to May 02, 2017 , read count: 3

This was the February 2011 and April 2017 Group Read in the Koontzland - Dean Koontz Group
I've read Midnight 3 times.

Midnight has never been one of my favorites, but it is a solid & intriguing story. I find many similarities between Midnight and Dean Koontz's Frankenstein Series - the ideas of control & improvements upon human conditions getting out of control.

A funny quote:
". . . . had so many corn-chip crumbs sprinkled across the front of her royal-blue sweater that she appeared to be breading herself with the intention of going into the kitchen, climbing into an oven, and becoming food."
-Midnight, Chapter 12

A favorite quote:
"Even as a child, she had preferred night to day, had enjoyed sitting out in the yard after sunset, under the star-speckled sky listening to frogs and crickets. Darkness soothed. It softened the sharp edges of the world, toned down the too-harsh colors. With the coming of twilight, the sky seemed to recede; the universe expanded. The night was bigger than the day, and in its realm, life seemed to have more possibilities."
-Midnight, Chapter One

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight.

Quotes Dustin Crazy little brown owl Liked

Dean Koontz
“Even as a child, she had preferred night to day, had enjoyed sitting out in the yard after sunset, under the star-speckled sky listening to frogs and crickets. Darkness soothed. It softened the sharp edges of the world, toned down the too-harsh colors. With the coming of twilight, the sky seemed to recede; the universe expanded. The night was bigger than the day, and in its realm, life seemed to have more possibilities.”
Dean Koontz, Midnight

04/18 marked as: read
04/18 marked as: currently-reading
05/06 marked as: read
show 2 hidden updates…

Shalamar Omg, I read this book about 15 years ago and only read it once. I read a lot of DK at that time but this is the one I really remember the most. I can't believe you posted this quote, because I remember this. How impactful, huh? Great stuff!

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Shalamar wrote: "Omg, I read this book about 15 years ago and only read it once. I read a lot of DK at that time but this is the one I really remember the most. I can't believe you posted this quote, because I re..."

It's Amazing which passages stay with us & how they affect our lives :-)