Madeleine's Reviews > Batman and Robin: Batman vs. Robin

Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison

Jan 07, 11

bookshelves: grant-morrison, graphic-novel, batman, want
Read on January 07, 2011, read count: 1

Volume 2 (issues...something through something...6-11?) of Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin continues the wonderful story of the new dynamic duo. Morrison continues to pull out obscure characters and create new ones that are great and a breath of fresh air in the Batman universe. He also brings back Knight and Squire (who apparently he first began to use in 1998 in JLA) and incorporates Kate Kane/Batwoman into one of the arcs (I'm in love with Kate Kane. Go read Batwoman: Elegy now. Stop reading this until you've read it. Go.)
But, I felt this to be weaker than the issues in the first volume. It seemed less connected. Morrison, who - in my opinion - is fairly consistent with his interpretation of DCU history and the motivations/beliefs of the characters he writes, seemingly decides to change a firmly held belief of Dick Grayson without any build up to this change - and although he has Grayson justify his actions, it feels shallow and rushed and ultimately confusing (RIP, Final Crisis, Invisibles, etc, have not confused me. This is Morrison's first "what??" for me).
Besides that, the stories are good. I still wish all the Batman/Gotham comics were more firmly tied together though. *shrugs*
The art is okay - still not my style, really.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman and Robin.