Eric's Reviews > Orbiter

Orbiter by Warren Ellis

Jan 07, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novels
Read in January, 2011

Ok read. I actually like the introduction by the author better than the overall comic. Ten years after disappearing NASA's Shuttle Venture returns to Earth carrying one survivor. The investigation as to where its been brings together a team of people whose lives were altered by the break-up of the space program after Venture's dissapearance. Said investigation may bring answers that some people aren't ready for, which is the whole point. Ellis's introduction poignently explains who the ending of the book was written only a few weeks prior to the break-up of the Shuttle Columbia over Texas and the essentially similar shut-down of the real space program. It is touching to read how passionate Ellis is about man's exploration of space and his knowledge of the program is impressive.

The pacing worried me the closer I got to the end of the book without any resolution in sight but the eventual payoff worked. Nothing spectacular but satisfying. I've only dipped my toes into Warren Ellis's strange little world but so far I like where it has taken me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Orbiter.