Jennifer Lavoie's Reviews > Secrets of the Demon

Secrets of the Demon by Diana Rowland

Jan 08, 11

bookshelves: person-library, fantasy, urban-fantasy, books-to-read-over-and-over
Read from January 07 to 08, 2011

I love this series! I was disappointed at first that the style of the cover art changed - I thought it was beautiful before - but it doesn't matter. This book was well worth the torturous year-long wait. I don't know if I can hold out for the next one, though!

This book exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. Rhyzkahl had many layers added to him, as did Zack (oh man, Zack...) and Ryan (can he be who I think he is?). Eilahn is a great new addition as well. I liked her a lot, though I was disappointed that Kehlirik didn't appear in this book; he was only mentioned a few times. I thought he was great comedic relief for a demon. Skalz was cool, though, and I hope he comes back as well.

But in all honesty, I cannot wait for the next book. I hope there isn't another year long wait, because it's just too long. I was pleased to see on the author website that there are at least two more books planned, and I hope more come after that. I guess I'll just have to reread the first three books until the next comes out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of the Demon.

01/07/2011 page 24
01/08/2011 page 128
33.0% "Gahhh, I love this series. This book is just awesome."
01/08/2011 page 182
47.0% "alskdjf This book has just taken an amazing, unexpected turn. I am blown away! THIS IS SO AWESOME."
01/08/2011 page 266
69.0% "The book is actually only 310 pages, not 384. Wish it WAS that long though. It's really good."