Jess's Reviews > Sweet Revenge

Oct 18, 11

Read from October 16 to 18, 2011

Quickie review:

Jamie's initial thoughts about Dylan:
How could one man be so gorgeously handsome, so wonderfully heroic, so seemingly kind, but so incredibly obnoxious, rude and, well, just generally an asshole?

That's Dylan! He has incredible moments of sweetness towards Jamie followed by that damn "hero thinking" - you know how they are - thinking he wasn't good enough for Jamie, she could do so much better than him, and deciding that staying away from her is what's best...for her. I wanted to hug him and slug him all at once. But even with his moments, I really enjoyed this story. Jamie struggles with her previous capture and assault and vows to make Reddington and his son pay. She puts herself out there, endures tough training courtesy of Dylan, and she has a plan. No one and nothing is going to get in her way, and she's a pretty gutsy heroine.

Dylan has such a horrible, horrific past - his parents were drunks and it goes just down, down, downhill from there. He made it through, and it takes him a long time to open up to Jamie. They're a great couple and my favorite parts of their story were the scenes when Dylan was training Jamie. Their scenes are hot, but I equally enjoyed the scenes with Jamie when she was able to complete the obstacle courses and prove to Dylan and herself that she was strong and tough.

Have to mention everyone's favorite matchmaker, Noah. He had a great scene with Dylan talking about Samara and what she means to him. So. Sweet!

Very nice read, looking forward to Jared's book, the last in this trilogy.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Revenge.

10/17/2011
46.0% "Oh Dylan, you damn fool. Such a difficult hero...Love him, but difficult!"