WillowBe's Reviews > Kill the Dead

1842059
Jan 14, 11

bookshelves: demons, favorites, traumatic-pasts
Read in January, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Not quite as good as the first book- not as meaty, so far. Glad he finally got some sex though~!And I'd appreciate more physical descriptions of what this guy looks like. I also wish he'd stop with the self-blame- all these paranormal protags take the weight of the world on their shoulders. Maybe just once would like to see one be a selfish bastard? This is a good book to read if you've been reading a lot about demons, such the Felix Castor series.

Now that I've completed it, I was satisfied because the story went further- new revelations and I really didn't see the end coming at all. I think he has set the stage nicely for the last book or last two books. I look forward to the comeuppance of Mason!! And I know that charactars presumed dead are not and will be making their appearance accordingly. Love his new weapon. So Cool!! And I think that Kasabian deserves a body. His head only thing is a bit too close to Jim Butcher's Bill the ghost charactar, you know?

But next book, Kadrey has got to let this guy get his rocks off- I mean a man who makes passionate love, but is OKJ not climaxing and then doesn't pursue it? That's masochistic in the extreme and highly unbelievable in a male, even a fictional one!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill the Dead.