Bluerose's Heart's Reviews > Dragons of the Valley

Dragons of the Valley by Donita K. Paul

Jan 24, 2011

bookshelves: christian, clean, fantasy, little-no-romance, young-adult-12-and-up
Read from January 07 to 24, 2011

I’ll be honest. I was extremely confused the first few chapters. Then I studied a bit in the glossary at the back of the book. That helped tremendously, and anytime I hit a new word, I simply looked it up. This is the first book I’ve read in Donita’s Dragon series, and this is the 2nd book in this particular series, but I do feel I that I kept up pretty well. I do recommend reading them in order, though. I think I would have gotten a lot more out of this book if I had read them in order. And that’s not to say I didn’t get a little lost through parts of the story after that, but overall, I think I kept up.

I am completely intrigued by dragons. I haven’t read many, if any books about them, though. I greatly enjoyed reading about them, although for the most part, they didn’t show up until close to the end. Rayn is all the way through the story and I just fell in love with him!! Oh, I wish I had a little pet Rayn! :)

Lady Peg was hilarious. I just loved her character!! It was so funny how she seemed so out there. And Fenworth was probably my favorite character. He was just so quirky and I found myself laughing at some of his antics. Wizards are almost always one of my favorite characters, though. The Grawl was a mean creature, and yet I found myself feeling sorry for him at times. I was surprised at that! :)

I think Donita has done an excellent job of creating a series for both male and female book lovers! There’s war and battles, but not overly gruesome, and then there’s a slight romance. The story doesn’t overly go in either the male or female direction. She’s created some wonderful, humorous, and interesting characters.

*In conjunction with the CSFF Blog Tour, I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragons of the Valley.