Jill's Reviews > One Tuesday Morning

One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury

Jan 07, 11

Read in January, 2011

The story covers two families affected by 9/11. Jake is a FDNY firefighter who is called into action in the south tower on 9/11. The other, Eric, is a businessman from California who just happens to be in the south tower on company business. Just before the tower collapses, Jake is heading up to the 64th floor and Eric is headed down from the 61st. The two meet in the stairwell and are struck by their uncanny resemblance to each other.

These two men, different as night and day, are both good men. Eric, striving for success and wealth, has allowed his priorities to shift away from his family, his wife and son. Jake is a devoted family man and has a unique closeness to his wife and daughter.

The premise of the story, which I shall NOT divulge, as it would be a huge spoiler, did not actually happen. This is a work of fiction. However, as the author notes in her forward, it could have happened. And the horrific events of 9/11 DID indeed happen. I typically shy away from fiction about 9/11 and the events surrounding it, however this book was tastefully and respectfully written and I enjoyed it immensely. I highly recommend One Tuesday Morning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Tuesday Morning.