H's Reviews > Princess of Glass

Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George

Jan 07, 11

bookshelves: my-favorites
Read in January, 2011

I thought this was a great follow-up to Princess of the Midnight Ball, and I loved Poppy as a main character. She was so much fun, especially how she whiled away the time at balls--and all the other things she's learned from her brothers-in-law. Epic. I also loved Christian (that more than likely goes without saying, because how could one love a story in which one did not love one of the main characters?), and how one of his favorite things to do at balls was watch Poppy gamble. Talk about an awesome couple. I think next to Ella Enchanted, this is my favorite retelling of Cinderella--it was very original, with a plot I hadn't expected, a continuation of the kind of magic and evil from Princess of the Midnight Ball, and unique and refreshing characters. I also liked how we got to see Poppy as a vulnerable character every so often--she comes off so strong, it was nice to see her scared and hindered by her memories and experiences. The only thing I disliked about this book was, upon finishing, the realization that I've now read all of Jessica Day George's books, which is very sad to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of Glass.