Aredhel's Reviews > Nineteen Eighty-Four

Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: classics, science-fiction, dystopia, audiobooks, male-protagonist, read-in-2011
Read from June 02 to 23, 2011

I can't probably tell you anything about this book that you don't already know. So just a few words describing how I felt.
This book is undoubtedly a dystopian masterpiece! Everything about this books is great: the style, the plot, the characters, the ideas. It is a frightening book, horrible in its realistic way of telling about the events that you can actually relate to. When you read it you think to yourself something like: Oh, that's exactly what we experience now!

This is a book for all times! It can't die, because as long as we leave and as long as we have such governments that we have now, it will be alive and it will breath with the full force of freedom that can't actually be reached..
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nineteen Eighty-Four.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sath Oh you should definately read this, it's my favourite book ever.
I like your idea of a must-read shelf. I have so many books on my to-read shelf that I find it really hard to prioritize.

Aredhel I'm really looking forward to reading this one!
I haven't read any of Orwell's works and I know that's a great omission on my part :(

And regarding a must-read shelf :)
I have the same problem as you do - too many books on my tbr shelf :)) Moreover, I have too many books piled near my bed and on my table))So I decided to create a shelf on which I could put books that I already have and that can't wait any longer for my attention :)) I really hope, that I'll stick to my plan and read those books first :))

Sath It was a great idea, I know what you mean, I have books all over my house and not enough book shelves. I decided to follow your example and create my own must-read shelf. And then of course I'll have to make sure I know where to find those books now. Haha.

Aredhel ahaha! It seems that your book collection is bigger than mine! I had trouble finding only one book from that "must be read" list. So good look to you ;))