Alyssa N.'s Reviews > The Two Princesses of Bamarre

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

4242021
Jan 11, 2011

Read in January, 2011

I really liked this book because of all the science-fiction and drama in it. The relationship between the two main characters, Addie and Meryl, were really portrayed. Gail Levine did a really excellent job of describing the realtionship between the two sisters. You could really tell how much they loved and valued each other. The struggles of having strength and feeling scared were very well described. In this book, I found alot of details on the characters. Gail Levine didn't necessarily give you their character. As you read through the book, their character was more obvious. I really enjoyed how she thoroughly described all the different creatures. Like how she described what the dragons looked like, how they ate, who they ate, etc. This adds more suspense when Addie is captured by a dragon, because you're on the edge of your seat wondering what the dragon will do to Addie. I thought this was a good aspect for any drama. The character Drualt, was an obvious hero to Addie and her sister. You could see how she, and mostly Meryl, looked up to him for advice. Having a hero is important to any story because you get to see how other characters influence the protagonist.

I didn't like how quickly the events came and ended. I wish Gail Levine would elaborate more on the major events, like how they affected Addie and so on. The book did not really describe the relationships between characters. Sometimes, you just had to guess and I don't think that's a good aspect in a book. Otherwise, the book was great. I enjoyed it and the magical world of Bamarre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Princesses of Bamarre.