Greg Cohoon's Reviews > Struts 2 in Action

Struts 2 in Action by Donald Brown

Jan 27, 11

bookshelves: safari-online, programming
Read from January 07 to 24, 2011

At work, I kinda inherited a Struts 2 application that was having some problems, and needed to come up to speed on the technology quickly. This book worked as a great reference for me to get past my immediate problem (understanding OGNL, and how the ValueStack uses it to interact with forms). Once I got past my immediate need, I turned to the front of the book and started reading straight through.

It was great.

I loved how the book starts with the basics and quickly builds an example Struts 2 application as it goes through more in-depth topics. Downloading the Struts2InAction.war file from the publisher's website and working through the examples in the book is a great way to get the hands-on practice that is needed to really internalize the technical info presented.

Like all of Manning's "In Action" books that I've read, this book does a great job of working you through the technology from basic to advanced usage, while also presenting the information in a way that will continue to be valuable as reference material. As long as I'm working on Struts 2 applications, this book is going to remain on my bookshelf within easy reach.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Struts 2 in Action.

01/13/2011 page 231