Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Flip This Zombie

Flip This Zombie by Jesse Petersen

Jan 16, 11

bookshelves: zombies
Read from January 14 to 16, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** This is the second book in the Living With The Dead series by Jesse Petersen. After enjoying the hell out of the first one, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into this one. Pun intended.

Three months have passed since the world died and zombies have been shambling around trying to eat anyone they can get their hands on, as well as infecting them. Sarah and David have a business called Zombiebuster Extermination, Inc. That's right, they drive around the Badlands killing zombies, and then get payment for it. Not in the way of money, of course, since the new currency is medical supplies, guns, ammo, canned food, that type of thing.

In between killing zombies and collecting their heads to prove they've killed them, they stop into one of the camps around Arizona. Here, at the former stadium, they meet up with other survivors as well as check the notice board to see if anyone needs to hire them. That's when they stumble on an odd note. Someone wants their help, but it doesn't sound like their usual gig. Heading out into the middle of the desert, they meet Dr. Barnes, a scientist who wants them to capture undead zombies and deliver them to his secret underground lab still squirming. *insert evil laugh here*

After accepting, Sarah and David are thrown into one difficult capture after another, and meet The Kid. A helpful but annoying loudmouthed kid who tags along with them for a while, after blackmailing them. And the scientist even manages to cause a wedge between their much stronger relationship. Dr. Barnes just has too many secrets, and things that don't add up. Things that David suspects from the beginning. But Sarah wants to believe that someone can help make the world a safer place someday--by finding a cure for the zombies--so much that she puts everything on the line.

Oh, and then there's the matter of the bionic zombies to deal with.

I had a total blast with this book! I enjoyed it as much as the first one, and love Sarah's wit. She cracks me up. This is an amazing zombie book and series. It's also awesome to see Sarah and David's relationship get stronger with every hurdle they face. The longer they're out there battling the zombies, the closer and better their marriage gets. I can't wait to see if they actually do make it to the legendary Midwest Wall. :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flip This Zombie.

01/13/2011 page 13
5.0% "Man, this series rocks! :)"
01/14/2011 page 72
26.0% "Ah... I'm enjoying the zombie goodness & laughs. ;)"
01/15/2011 page 128
47.0% "Oh, man. I'm enjoying this books so much!"
01/15/2011 page 247
91.0% "OMGosh, I just finished this book & it was fantastic. Lovin' the zombie craziness of this world!"