Jennifer's Reviews > These Things Hidden

These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf

Jan 09, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read in January, 2011

These Things Hidden is all about secrets. As the story progresses, the past is revealed piece by piece. The story falls into place easily while offering shocking things, long hidden, yet never expected.

The book is written in alternating viewpoints between four different women all linked in some way to a little boy named Joshua. Each woman wants to ensure Joshua is safe and taken care if, even if they have different ideas and motives driving them.

The book begins with Allison being released from prison. She committed an unforgivable crime, the nature of which we don't learn until later in the book. Every bit of Allison's past is revealed at the perfect moment. Her story is traumatically heart-wrenching and you can't help but feel for her while at the same time hating her actions.

The story is scarily realistic for the world we live in today. Bad choices ruin lives. Good choices can just as easily take their toll. Love for family and the secrets we keep can lead down a road we aren't prepared to travel. These Things Hidden is a moving, beautifully written, absolutely compelling novel you won't want to miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Things Hidden.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Gudenkauf Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Wow~ I'm so glad you liked it.

Yours,
Heather Gudenkauf

message 2: by Ree (new)

Ree I will get a copy and read it soon. TY!!