Dawn's Reviews > Velvet Angel

Velvet Angel by Jude Deveraux

Jan 06, 11

Read in January, 2011

5 times a thousand stars. WOW. WOW. WOW. I had read this whole series a long time ago and I honestly don't remember loving this book soooooo much. I am not re-reading them in order. I have read 1 (Gavin), 3 (Raine) and lastly 4 (Miles) I do plan to read 2 (Stephen) ASAP. I read the whole book in about 24 hours. I work, have 3 children and am currently planning 2 birthday parties, so that is really saying something. VERY fast read.

Miles the youngest of the Montgomery brothers has received a gift, his enemy. She came to him naked rolled in a carpet. Terrified of him and all men, he decides to show her good in this world. Meanwhile she tries to escape 5 or 6 times. Miles is so adorable and loves not just this woman but all women. Not always in a lustful way either. With a knack for getting women to drop at his feet Elizabeth gives him a run for his money. Roger of course wants her back and Alice is still up to no good. But you can count on all the Montgomery's to rise to the occasion and help out whatever perils are waiting.

I have 2 favorite parts of the book and both of them having to do with Elizabeth trying to hurt Miles. One time she is throwing things at him and he just keeps catching them as he is headed across the room for her. And the other time is when she is trying to kill him with an axe. With ease he defends her off. Oh and then there is the fruit tart scene. Awesome.

There was a surprise at the end of my copy too. A "what happened to everyone". That was nice. I wonder if it was just in later copies. Some of the hints made me think they were about other characters in her later books. I guess I need to keep re-reading all JD books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Velvet Angel.