Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > Awakened

Awakened by P.C. Cast

Feb 03, 11

Read from January 06 to 24, 2011

I liked it, wasn't a favorite but the whole Neferet/Kalona thing is getting old old old!
Find a new storyline/tragedy already. We're into what, the 8th book? and we're still dealing with the same crap with Neferet? Gimme a new baddie besides the White Bull, he's still just an off shoot of Neferet.
For a bunch of century old Vamps on the council, they're pretty stupid---I'm not seeing the wisdom here. It's time to let the Neferet/Kalona drag itself out and bring in a new storyline with the same cast, sans Neferet and Kalona!
There's got to be more mischief for the fledglings then those two.
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.

Milly LOL! I'm surprised you gave it a 4! I don't like a lot of the characters in this series but I read it anyway. It's just one of those books that I continue to read just to read and because they're so quick to read.

Kristi-The Book Faery I know, I was being generous. I just keep waiting for something NEW to happen.
I was saddened by the loss of one of their own but I still gave it a 4 because Zoey only stayed with one dude and that's a pretty big thing :o]
I could do without the bullpoopie, that's getting old, if they can't say bullshit at their age but they have sex and no adult guardianship theirs something just not right, ya know? Everytime I see bullpoopie I want to gag and then shout GROW UP ALREADY or just say BULL!!! Bull poopie just isn't cute anymore.
There, I've said it---I feel better.