The Sunday Book Review's Reviews > Delirious

Delirious by Daniel  Palmer

Jan 06, 11

Read in February, 2011

Rating: 2 out of 3 stars

What could have possibly gone wrong? Charlie Giles had it all. He had a great job with numerous people working for him. He was even allowed to bring his dog to work! Then he got that email. Saying his department was going to be shut down and someone in the company was behind the siege. Try as he might, in the end he gets fired and his biggest fear comes to light: He is becoming delirious. Just like his father and brother.

And then it becomes critical. He finds a hand written note, written by himself, where he lists some people from his old company that just must die. Did he really write that letter? Why can't he remember writing it? Has he done something about it already?

This book is strong throughout. As weird as it is, I really enjoyed reading about Charlie going mad (you know, the whole car crash mentality?). What I did find however is that as a reader my curiosity was built up so much that by the time the climax came I was a bit disappointed. I expected more. Something worthy of the first part of the book. Even with this dip I enjoyed the book. The twists were there, those that are into tech thrillers will be satisfied and the pacing was solid throughout.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirious.