Andrienne's Reviews > Companions of the Night

Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde

Jan 06, 11

Read in January, 2011

This book was suggested to me after I posted my review of Silver Kiss. I wanted another take on the human girl, vampire boy love story and this did not disappoint. I had to take away one star though for a couple of reasons. Towards the middle, the story lost steam in figuring out what happened to the girl's family. There were parts that seemed contrived; too much effort in inducing some emotions. It could also be that in the effort of the author to make it mysterious (which it was), it got to the point where she dragged on too much in withholding information that the reader becomes apathetic. I have to say though that this book was much scarier than Silver Kiss. It never sympathizes with the human girl and her feelings. This book is almost all about the vampire--his selfishness was what made this book compelling and appalling at the same time. I can only wish that all Twilight fans read this book so they can truly understand why vampires don't make good boyfriends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Companions of the Night.