Shannon Messenger's Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Apr 07, 11

Read in August, 2010

I could seriously gush and rave about this book for about 10 gazillion reasons, but I realize that you're all very busy and important and have better things to do than read my endless ramblings. So I'm going to limit myself to 5.

5 Reasons you NEED to read Paranormalcy

1. Creativity. In one of the most oversaturated genres out there (YA Paranormal Romance) this book manages to stand out in all the right ways, while still giving you all the great staples we've come to love and expect. There's magical creatures. Action. Mystery. Not to mention two swoon-worthy boys. But it's also different. The creatures are unique. The plot keeps you guessing. And she has a bad boy who's actually BAD--in a totally sexy way of course. ;)

2. Evie. OMG you cannot get a better main character. I love her. I want to be her AND be her best friend. And the best part? She's real. You believe in her.

3. Pacing. Kiersten admits to working hard on her pacing in revision--and you can tell. The plot moves at a pace so smooth it's almost impossible to put the book down. In fact, I'd recommend using the bathroom before you get started, because you will NOT want to stop for a potty break.

4. Humor. This book is bleeping funny. (the bleeping joke will make much more sense once you've read it) I laughed out loud the entire time I was reading. No, really. It kinda scared my cats.

5. Kiersten. She's hilarious. She's smart. But best yet, she's approachable. She greeted people at her signing with a hug. She remembered me from SCBWI. She's got one of the biggest books of the year, but you'd never know it to meet her. And you can tell she'll always be that way

So yeah--in case you can't tell, I LOVE this book. Get yourself a copy and read it. You won't regret it!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

message 1: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley I 250% agree I also bleeping loved this book, a must read for any Twilight and Harry Potter fans