Cassandra's Reviews > Eragon

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I own a hard cover copy, but I borrowed the Playaway audiobook from my local library

The cover for this book is always awesome no matter which version you see :) though my favorite is the first one that is on my hard cover book.

I read this book almost 10 years ago (in 2006). I knew my son would love this book; however, he has an attention span problem when it comes to big books. Since we have been enjoying audiobooks in the car, I jumped at the chance to borrow it from the local library. My mom decided we were taking a road trip to get a puppy she wanted from a shelter 5 hours away, so this was the perfect opportunity to listen to 10 of the 16 hours of the book. Another benefit was to introduce my mom to audiobooks. I think both my mom and son are hooked on audiobooks. For those who don’t know what the Playaway is, it is basically just like an ipod but for one book only. This is great for people who are technology challenged like my mother. She gets to listen without having to load the player with the book she wants to listen to.

This book is outstanding, and you cannot even compare it to the movie. The book is a million times better than the movie. Though, I secretly wish, they would do it over and do it some justice because this whole series is phenomenal :)

It does not happen often that I go back to a book I’ve already read just because there are so many fantastic books out there, but I’m glad I listened to the audiobook of this book. The narrator does a fantastic job….though personally I do not like how the Saphira’s voice was done. It is the only part of the audiobook that just didn’t seem to fit in my opinion.

Christopher Paolini is just an amazing author especially considering how young his was when it is written. His vocabulary is above and beyond us mere humans…lol especially of typical high school students. My mom was floored at some of the words he used, and she kept saying there was no way a 15 year old wrote the book.

I will read any book he puts out about his world of Alagaësia. The creativity and complex storylines are epic. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves books with dragons, elves, and magic, and I think especially if you love Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings and Hobbit worlds that you must read this series or you miss out!!!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eragon.