Corrie's Reviews > Dear Fatty

Dear Fatty by Dawn French

Jan 18, 11

Read from January 06 to 18, 2011

Dawn French is a hilarious actress and comedian. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed her in French and Saunders, The Vicar of Dibley, Jam and Jerusalem and Larkrise to Candleford. I was thrilled to get my hands on a copy of her autobiography/memoir, Dear Fatty.
The style is different in that she writes a series of letters to different people in her life from her father, who passed away when she was only 19, to her best friend Jennifer Saunders (Fatty) to Madonna and the Monkeys. Some of the letters are utterly hilarious and others are of a more serious note but not without the occasional crack of a joke to lighten the weight – you’ll laugh out loud and shed a few tears as well. I thought the whole book was insightful, refreshing and honest and I truly enjoyed it. I admired and loved Dawn French before reading her memoir but after reading about her life and how she approaches living it, I admire her even more. As hilarious and talented as she is, she is also someone who is a good, solid person – she is thoughtful, bright, fun and I truly admire how comfortable she is in her own skin, something most women struggle with. This was a really great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Fatty.