Bronwyn Rykiert's Reviews > Moments of Time

Moments of Time by Gloria Cook

Jan 06, 11

bookshelves: family, friends, series
Read in February, 2009

I could not put this book down it was so good, the continuing story of the Harvey Brothers and Emilia Harvey.

This book starts 5 years after WWI finished. Youngest brother Ben and oldest brother Alec Harvey do still not get along at all. In this book though Ben finds himself a wife, Brooke, Tristan resigns from the army and also finds himself a new wife. Emilia and Alec have 2 sons Will & Tom and a daughter Jenna who is born with a life threatening illness, her death pulls them in different directions. Perry Bosweld, a disable former army surgeon, his sister Selina, a nurse and her daughter Libby move into Ford Farm. He and Emilia become very close but realise nothing can come of their relationship because of Alec and her family. Everyone loves Perry but many are wary of Selina, she is very abrupt and because of Selina they a run out of town – which we find out is a usual happening.

I have to admit I was worried for a bit about the relationship that Emilia and Perry were having because she had so much to lose if Alec found out. I do like Alec and I didn’t want to see him hurt – he had his own problems to look after.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moments of Time.