Ali Cross's Reviews > Homework Helpers: Essays & Term Papers (Homework Helpers

1989930
Jan 06, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read from January 05 to 06, 2011

I cannot stress enough what a fantastic book this is. I'm not sure what I expected--a dry textbook-like foray into the land of the boring, maybe--but this book isn't that at all. This book is accessible, informative, interesting and very, very helpful.

McLean details the different kinds of essays from basic (even helpful for me as my two fifth-graders are learning about essay writing this year) all the way up to the dreaded research/term paper that sends fourth year university students shaking in their boots. I learned things about the different essay types that I never once was taught, not in high school nor in university. Things I wish I'd been able to learn in such a friendly manner--rather than the fumbling in the dark way.

Whatever the type of essay you're required to write, McLean teaches you how to brainstorm, research, outline, and write from the rough to the finished draft. She also teaches you how to research and site sources. And as an added bonus, provides tips on avoiding common grammar mistakes.

HOMEWORK HELPERS: ESSAYS & TERM PAPERS is truly an exceptional resource for all your students. It should have a place on every student's shelf--right next to Webster's Dictionary and Roget's Thesaurus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homework Helpers.

01/06/2011 page 49