Lily's Reviews > One Real Thing

One Real Thing by Anah Crow

Jan 17, 11

bookshelves: m-m, friends-to-lovers, ebook, what-i-read-in-2011, loved-it, challenge-books-2011
Read from January 09 to 11, 2011 , read count: 1

Ten years after college Hollister "Holly" Welles is a total disaster, drugs and alcohol pretty much ruining his life, while his friend Nick Addison leads a successful life with all the trappings, including a wife. When Nick can no longer ignore Holly's downward spiral he goes after him determined to save him. Just as Holly is turning his life around though it's Nick's life that goes down the tubes.

I loved how Holly was able to step up and be there for Nick when he needed it. As Nick starts to come out of his funk he's finally ready to admit to himself the mistakes he made trying to live up to the expectations of other people and now he's ready to live life on his terms, and with Holly at his side. While not a true BDSM story their relationship clearly has D/s tones to it. Both Nick and Holly are well drawn and the book also has a nice cast of supporting characters.

One Real Thing is quite an emotional, at times very angst-filled, story but there are lighter moments as well which helped balance the overall feel of the story. The sex is scorching hot but it's the emotional connection between Nick and Holly that really makes this such a great story. Highly recommended.

I received this book from Net Galley for review.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Real Thing.

01/09/2011 page 40
23.53% "Oh my, I want to hug him and smack him at the same time. *sigh*"
01/11/2011
100.0% "Loved it!!!"

message 1: by Ava (new)

Ava Fab review, Lily!

Lily Ava wrote: "Fab review, Lily!"

Thanks, Ava! :)