Bronwyn Rykiert's Reviews > The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Apr 21, 11

bookshelves: audiobook, family, library-book
Read from March 18 to April 03, 2011

It's hard to say what I actually think of this story.

This would have not been an easy story to write I would think, unless the author has aspergers himself. It seems realistic from the point of view of 15 year old Christopher Boon who has aspergers sydrome though as children diagnosed with this sydrome are usually at least 6 years behind their actual age. I have a son who was diagnosed with aspergers when he was 10 and he is now 17. Some of the things Christopher talked about I could relate to but others I don't as my son is not like that. What did come out though is that they are high maintenance people. Patrick does not really complain about people touching him and he is very touchy feely with me but probably not others whereas Christopher did not like anyone to touch him.

It was an interesting story, starting out with Christopher wanting to solve the murder of his neighbours dog, to finding out who the killer was and then becoming frightened because that person might hurt him too. These children do think a bit like he did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.