Christy B's Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Jeanette Baker

1204629
Mar 09, 11

bookshelves: arcs-and-galleys, historical-fiction, historical-romance, fiction, time-slip-and-travel
Read from February 19 to 23, 2011

A decent time travel book about an American named Christina Murray who inherits her family's ancestral home in Scotland.

Christina feels connected to three different female ancestors from three different time periods: 13th century; 16th century; and 18th century. Besides a bloodline, what connects all these women is an ancient family curse, and Christina fears she may be next if she doesn't crack a centuries' old family mystery.

Christina was able to see the events happening in her ancestors' lives in her dreams, and one time she changed places with one, but that was only for a short time. I thought that was kind of random.

One thing that caught me off guard: children in the 13th century singing Ring Around the Rosie. I'm pretty sure that song didn't exist back then.

I must admit the modern day romance of Christina and her hunky neighbor didn't do a whole lot for me. And seeing how there were basically four different storylines going in this book, we didn't spend a whole lot of time with them, especially the three historical ones. However, the historical stories had more depth, it seemed. Each story of Christina's ancestors ended heartbreakingly.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.

02/20/2011 page 112