Slayermel's Reviews > Bloody Kiss, Vol. 01

Bloody Kiss, Vol. 01 by Kazuko Furumiya

Jan 16, 11

bookshelves: library, 2011, 21st-century, japanese, manga, paranormal, series, vampires, young-adult
Read from January 15 to 16, 2011, read count: 1

I really enjoyed the story line of Kiyo inheriting her grandmother’s estate and that with it came two vampire lodgers that her Grandmother took care of. I really loved Kuroboshi as a character, he’s mysterious but ever so sweet towards Kiyo, and his servant Alshu just cracks me up. Alshu is a real funny character, he’s very eccentric!

Kiyo works very hard to try and pay her way in life, she wants to be a lawyer so she can help get her father out of whatever trouble it is he seems to have gotten himself tangled up in, and she also wants to be able to provide for herself and her vamps. Kiyo has to be careful though not to burn herself out between school, working and running her house. I somehow feel everything will work out though as Kuroboshi seems to be keeping a watchful eye out for her.

I’m hoping in the next volume we will also learn a bit more about Kiyo’s father.

At the end of “Bloody Kiss” is a short story called “Angel love song” which was very sweet. I think it’s a great story for young girls to read who are starting to date. Has a sweet message about seeing what’s right in front of you instead of trying to attain something that you thought you wanted that doesn’t end up being all it’s cracked up to be. What’s that saying “The grass isn’t always greener on the other side” :0)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloody Kiss, Vol. 01.