Slayermel's Reviews > Hellsing, Vol. 01

Hellsing, Vol. 01 by Kohta Hirano

Jun 11, 11

bookshelves: library, 2011, 20th-century, fantasy, japanese, male-authors, manga, paranormal, religion, vampires, horror
Recommended for: anyone who enjoys paranormal manga
Read from June 10 to 11, 2011, read count: 1

Hellsing was an interesting manga for me as I always enjoy the whole vampire hunter angle. I also thought it was interesting that Hellsing isn’t the actual person doing the hunting, but the name of the agency run by Protestants. Then throw in the religious differences and the fact that the Catholic Vatican has their own agency as well it made for a real interesting story.

The Hellsing Agency has been working for over 100 years to create their ultimate weapon against the Vampires, their very own Vampire named Alucard, who cannot be destroyed in the ways other vampires can. I will definitely continue to read this series as I can only imagine they will get better and more interesting, plus I really want to see what’s going to happen to Anderson, he’s such a twisted agent I found him kind of fascinating.

I do agree with the rating of this book of 13+ as there is quite a bit of violence in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hellsing, Vol. 01.