Yz the Whyz's Reviews > Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas

Jan 05, 2011

bookshelves: lisa-kleypas, 2012-challenge-books, 2012-reads, owned-books-read
Read from December 28, 2011 to January 02, 2012

Wow! This books is pretty powerful stuff.

We met Hardy Cates in the first book of this series, Sugar Daddy, where he started out as hero material and ended as the villain of the piece. But now he gets his book...and despite the 'rascal' exterior, Hardy is a hero through and through.

Haven, the only girl in the powerful, wealthy Travis family, have always been plagued with a desire to please and the impulse to rebel. Her conflicted nature had lead her to a path that had painful consequences. My heart goes out to Haven, and I rooted for her all the way. Still despite all that she had gone through, she was willing to take a chance.

When Haven and Hardy's paths crossed again, their attraction burns bright and strong, sizzling a powerful heat that help cauterized the demons of their individiual pasts.

Once again, Kleypas had penned a powerful book, with complex characters and believable conflicts. This is a book that will remain in my head long after I had finished with it.

NOTE: I got this as an audiobook, narrated by Renee Raudman. A favorite narrator of mine, it still took me a few minutes to get used to her Texan accent. But once I got past it, her reading just added more impact to the power of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue-Eyed Devil.

Quotes Yz the Whyz Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”
Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil

Lisa Kleypas
“You know," I told him on our wedding night, "I'm just as much me when I'm with you, as I am without you."
And because Hardy understood what I meant, he pulled me into his arms, against his heart.”
Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil

message 1: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Jan 08, 2012 07:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Wonderful review, Yz! I especially loved how you summarised Haven and Hardy:

"A woman trying to find herself. A man working on escaping who he is. Together, maybe because of what they have gone through, they are just perfect for each."

I love this book and Haven and Hardy and truly connected with both of them. The scene where Hardy comes back from seeing his father was incredibly raw and powerful.

Yz the Whyz Thanks, Jayne.

I have to admit I hesitated reading this book, because I usually have a hard time with books that has abuse in it. However, Kleypas had written it so well that I can't help it but be caught up with Haven and Hardy's love story. Plus she gave it enough funny moments to offset the heartwrenching ones...giving it a nice balance.

Ronyell Great review YZ! I really enjoyed this book too!