Katie's Reviews > Wrangler in Petticoats

Wrangler in Petticoats by Mary Connealy

Mar 28, 11

Read on January 05, 2011

This is another new author for me – though I have heard a lot about her work. The story started off strong, with the ambush of ?s party and her near-death experience. While the whole book isn’t an edge-of-your-seat read, it still had its tense parts! After being rescued by an artist that is extremely passionate for his craft, she’s taken back to his home to recuperate from a near-death experience, unaware that the ambushers are on her trail to silence her for good.

Great story plot. I enjoyed Sally’s witty character and Logan’s earnest love for his art work. I thought at some points he was a bit extreme in his passion for art over his care of people – but maybe that’s what Connealy was aiming for. :-) As a lover of art, I enjoyed reading about Logan’s artwork and the scenery about him. It sounded beautiful. I felt for him when the outlaws broke into his cabin. I can’t say that I ever grew attached to either the hero or heroine, but I had fun getting to know them during the read.

The one problem I had with this book was with the very prominent reverse in a man and woman’s role. Both main characters could do a fast draw – though it was Sally with a gun and Logan with a pencil. Sally just seemed like a tough take-care of herself girl and Logan a city-fella softie. Though I admit physically Logan wasn’t a softie, he still couldn’t use a gun well enough to protect anyone. I am not sure if the author intended it this way, but that is the way it came across to me and was the biggest thing that nagged me throughout the book.

The romantic tension added into the story also felt a bit unreal and too fast to seem realistic. But besides these two aspects, I liked the adventures within this book. I especially liked Wise Sister

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrangler in Petticoats.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaity-Jane (new)

Kaity-Jane Culbertson Yep I agree with you there, about the rough-'n-tough girls...drives me CRAZY. It's one of the reasons that I didn't like LFY in Sugarcreek, Ohio.

Katie ya...there was just SO much of that in this book. I was like, seriously? Its hard to love this hero when he can't do anything for himself!