Love's Reviews > California Dreamin': The True Story of the Mamas and the Papas The Music, the Madness, the Magic that was

California Dreamin' by Michelle Phillips

Feb 24, 11

Read from January 05 to February 24, 2011

I have to say overall I was not impressed with the writing. I love The mama's & The Papa's music so I wanted to read more about them as people. I read John's daughter's book about his sexual relationship with her.So I also wanted to see if he had some kind of warning signs with his wife..Yes is my oppinion he did. Michelle being only 16-17 when they strated a sexual relationship, while he was married to a woman he had two children with. All I really learned is how they met and what drugs they did. Could have found that info online and not be bored with the writing...This does deserve 3 stars though instead of the 2 I wanted to give it. I think she tried she is just not that good of a writer in my oppinion... LOVE her acting and singing though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read California Dreamin'.

01/16/2011 page 18
10.0% "WOW I am thinking she is either a really bad writer or she was smoking crack when she wrote this.."
02/04/2011 page 30
17.0% "This is ANOTHER boring book :( I am so disapointed really wanted this to be good."
02/15/2011 page 91
51.0% "making a little progres..have not felt like reading and I hate that :("
02/17/2011 page 117
66.0% "Coming along a bit better now. I have to say I will be happy when finish this one and can just move on :("
show 2 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jeannie don't give up so close to the beginning!! I have had books start with a whimper and finish with a bang! I so wanted this one to be good since I have it on my TBR shelf. :(

Love She is just a bad writer I think. It is so much just nonsense. Does not have much to do with the music and the interesting facts your would want to know. I am going to finish this one no matter what because I LOVE the music. I also want to get some more info on John just because I had read his daughters book..

Jeannie that's too bad Love. I'll be watching for your review! good luck :))