Snap's Reviews > Death By Cashmere

Jan 05, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in January, 2011

I am sure there is a cozy mystery published for every interest imaginable. DEATH BY CASHMERE is the first in the Seaside Knitters mystery series. Set in the small town of Sea Harbor, Mass -- it has small town charm and the characters to go with it, besides just enough knitting to make it interesting for *needle* lovers. Izzy Chambers has given up her career as a lawyer to start the Seaside Knitting Studio. Izzy renews her relationship with her aunt, Nell Endicott and Uncle Ben. Nell and Ben hold a weekly open house at their home where their friends and neighbors bring a dish, enjoy each others company and do a little solving of Sea Harbor problems. Birdie Favazza is the oldest member of the Thursday night knitting group, a regular at Nell and Ben's and is a hoot! You can tell I really enjoyed the characters and I liked that Nell is older. All the sweet young things in the cozy mysteries get old ... guess it's my age! There were a few bumps in the road in DEATH BY CASHMERE and I knew "who done it" early on, but I enjoyed it and am off to Amazon to order some of the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death By Cashmere.