Louize's Reviews > The Hobbit

3019973
Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 05 to 14, 2011, read count: 2

During my childhood, Zimatar, a radio drama was very popular. Before classes start every morning, children would tell and retell the story to one another. Expounding how wonderful yesterday's episode was. Those were the days...

This edition of The Hobbit brought me back to my youth. It was alive, fun and very entertaining. Narrated simultaneously by both Bilbo and The Tale Bearer. When I say simultaneously, what I mean is that they sometimes talk both at the same time, which was really funny making me laugh out loud while walking.

Listening to the whole adventure is twice as exciting and suspenseful. Everything seems to be real especially the fight scenes/part. Mostly I love it when the dwarfs and elves were singing. It was very rewarding every time they put a tune to the words I once only read.

Amazing thing, too, is that Andy Serkis, who gave voice to Sméagol to Jackson's LOTR trilogy, have a very similar voice to Wolfe Morris of the BBC edition.

I totally love and enjoyed this edition. Hope you guys consider trying it.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hobbit.

01/05/2011
27.0% "I liked this when I read it. I'm glad to say that I like listening to it as well."
show 3 hidden updates…

K.D. Absolutely Hi Louize! Thanks for reading this book now. I hope you can participate in the discussion after.

Louize Parang ayaw ko na KD.
Tinatawanan ni RE 'yung commnet ko... huhuhu
(?_?)

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha, audio book ba to or yung mga colorful children's books? Haha parang kakaiba kasi yung cover.

Louize Kwesi Ian Jay wrote: "Haha, audio book ba to or yung mga colorful children's books? Haha parang kakaiba kasi yung cover."

Audio book, BBC radio edition.

Kwesi 章英狮 Ooo I see.

Iyah where did you get this one ate?

Louize Iyah wrote: "where did you get this one ate?"

iPod audio books.

Louize I can transfer the lot into CDs if you're interested.

K.D. Absolutely Nice review, Louize! Never mind Re :)

Louize Thanks KD! :)

message 11: by Iyah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Iyah Louize wrote: "I can transfer the lot into CDs if you're interested."

can you ate??...sure I would love that. thanks!! :D

message 12: by Louize (last edited Jan 16, 2011 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Louize Iyah, PM me before you come down here in Manila para ma-prep ko.

message 13: by Iyah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Iyah sure ate I will... I have to meet up with ate Ruby, Tricia, Kwesi and you. haha... I'll pm you all. Thanks!! :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Iyah, When?

message 15: by Iyah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Iyah di ko pa lam when sure kong luwas eh.

Emir Never I'm currently reading this. I'm impressed by how seemingly effortless J.R.R Tolkien writes (This is my first Tolkien read.).

To adventures!

Louize Happy reading, Emir!

Emir Never I certainly am. :)