Steffi 's Reviews > The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

3992020
Jun 03, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, part-of-series, favourites, laughed-my-head-off
Read on March 22, 2011

For all who haven't read this book yet: GO, read it, NOW!

The Sweetest Thing is a beautiful book about recovering a long-lost love, learning to trust again, facing your past and just letting loose sometime. Jill Shalvis has truly outdone herself!

After Maddie and Jax, this is now Tara and Ford's story. Tara decided to stay in Lucky Harbor for a while to help out her sisters. After six months of being ignored by Tara, Ford finally gets the chance to get close to her again but does he really want to dig up the past once more? One thing he knows for sure: He wants Tara in his bed but can that ever be enough for both of them or do they deserve a second chance, even if that means letting their guard down and being vulnerable, facing old hurt?
Not only that, but Tara's ex suddenly turns up in Lucky Harbor, claiming to want her back after two years of seperation and the new girl working at the inn looks like she is searching for something, or rather someone?

This book is amazing, I don't even really know how to put it into words but I'll try anyway. The Sweetest Thing gave me every emotion I needed, right now I am a little stunned, sad because I want this story to go on forever and just a kind of wholesome happy. I absorbed every word and read many wonderful scenes more than once because I always wanted to go back to that one perfect moment, that one hot scene or that one funny bantering. The Sweetest Thing has it all.

Everyone who knows Tara's story from Simply Irresistible will be happy when she finally gets to meet a special someone, which made me shed a tear or two...or three.
This book definitely addresses more serious issues than the first one in the series but at the same time it's also a light funny book that cracked me up a lot. Especially that shows a certain uniqueness, I think.
This will be one of my books with a lot of dog ears and cracks in the spine, because I'll definitely re-read it many many times.

Next up in the series is Head Over Heels with Sawyer and Chloe.

Thank you, Jill Shalvis for this wonderful, perfect book!

Original review at www.bookworldtravels.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetest Thing.

03/22/2011 page 56
03/22/2011 page 158
40.0% " "Some things just are," he said softly against her hair. "Day turns to night. The ocean tide drifts in and out. And I want you, Tara. Damn you, but I do. I always have."

*sigh* Who's Tara? I want your babies, Ford!"

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jackie I can't wait to read it.

Steffi You have every reason to be excited:) This book is really amazing.I loved it!

Karla Sounds sooo good. Just one more week! Glad you got to enjoy it already.

Steffi It really is very very good:) I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Let me know as soon as you've started reading:)

Jackie Now I can't wait. There aren't too many books that you're sad when they're over, ya know.

message 4: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Mar 23, 2011 03:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Steffi! My book is on its way from the BD. I'm so happy to see you enjoyed this one so much. Really looking forward to it!

Steffi Thanks, Jayne. I also ordered it from the BD, that's why I've got it a little early. They seem to release some books earlier, which I love, of course:)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Yes, the new publication date is listed here on GRs as 28 Mar (I understood it was meant to be 1 April before). I got a Pre-order Release email from the BD, and my book was shipped on 16 Mar. I should get it in a weeks or so. You're in Europe so you got in quicker! Darn, you!! Just kidding, Steffi. ^_^

Steffi Right, take it all out on me, Jayne! *sniffling* ;) LOL!