Viohlet's Reviews > This Side of the Grave

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

** spoiler alert ** Woah. This series just keeps getting better and better.

I have to say, I figured the whole thing out with Marie way earlier than Cat did, but doesn't change the fact that I disliked Marie in Destined for an Early Grave, and I hated her in this. Talk about fucking psycho.

Let's see, I hate Tate and wish he was dead (completely lol) And I wish Cat's mother would hurry up and off herself or get herself killed cause she's so hateful.

Vlad is awesome. Wish we'd seen a bit more of him though.

Bones was way beyond awesome, as usual, and I really like the 'new' Cat since she changed.

Overall, another brilliant installment in the Night Huntress series, and I can't wait for the release of One Grave at a Time
Everyone should read this (preferrably after reading the previous four books, and if you feel like it, the Night Huntress world books bewteen Cat and Bones 4 and 5) and it's got a solid, solid rating of 10/5 5/5 :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Side of the Grave.

Quotes Viohlet Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“Ask me if I sparkle and I’ll kill you where you stand.” (Bones)”

Jeaniene Frost
“See?” I’d whispered to Bones, nudging him with a grin. “He never argues with her. Isn’t that sweet?”
A snort preceded his response. “Keep dreaming, pet.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I’d heard Bones threaten to beat someone with their own limb before, but I’d always assumed that was a figure of speech. Apparently not.”

Jeaniene Frost
“No matter what happens, you will never lose me, I am forever yours, Kitten, in this life or the next.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Kitten, your hands are heaven and your eyes are my home.”
tags: love

Jeaniene Frost
“She seemed to be a nice person, too, instead of a homicidal bitch like his former wife. Otherwise, the world should fear. When Mencheres fell for a woman, he fell hard. If Kira asked for her own continent as a birthday present, Mencheres would probably have one conquered for her before she blew out her candles.”
tags: humor

Jeaniene Frost
“Before we go, I gotta know: If mind-reading abilities are real, there's something else I wondered if fiction got right about vampires-"

"Ask me if I sparkle and I'll kill you where you stand," Bones cut him off with utmost seriousness.”

Jeaniene Frost
“What the hell was that?” I gasped. “Premature inflammation,” he replied. “Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing. I don’t like to talk about it.”

Jeaniene Frost
“My dear Reaper," Vlad said, still laughing. 'Did you just check out our-'
'No!' I interrupted at once, almost lunging toward the staircase. 'I'm tired and still dazed from the Remanats and ... fuck it, I'm taking a shower. I mean, not a cold shower, because I don't need that.' -oh Jesus I was only making this worse- 'because I am cold already, and I need to get hot. I mean, warmer. Oh just shut up!' " -Pg 280”

Jeaniene Frost
“Much slower, I turned around to see Vlad examining his fingernails, as if his hands weren't still ablaze in the flames that had blasted the ghoul's head off moments before.
'what the hell was that?' I gasped.
'Premature inflammation,' He replied. 'Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing, I don't like to talk about it.' ”

Jeaniene Frost
“You’re not going to let her do this, are you?” Bones snorted. “Let her? Mate, if you think you can control a woman, you must be single—-and a thousand pounds says she beats your arse.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I doubt you’ve ever been forced to nonstop bang a woman hyped up on the undead voodoo version of Spanish fly, have you?”
His chuckle was soft. “Can’t say that I have, Kitten.”
“Yeah, well, consider me an original.”
This time, when his lips brushed across my skin, it lasted more than a moment.
“I always have.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Brush teeth. Wash hair. Rule undead world with an iron fist.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Bones didn’t share any of my qualms about suddenly holding an arm that wasn’t attached to a body anymore. He just grabbed the ghoul by his other arm and began thumping him over the head with the loose limb. I’d heard Bones threaten to beat someone with their own limb before, but I’d always assumed that was a figure of speech. Apparently not.”