Viohlet's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Sep 13, 11

bookshelves: genre-young-adult, read-4-loved, paranormal-vampires, set-in-washington, forbidden-love, good-but-not-that-good, hero-i-loved, heroine-6-brunette-black, heroine-i-liked, predictable-but-good, read-multiple-times, series, read-in-2007
Recommended for: Young adult readers with paranormal preferences
Read on January 01, 2007, read count: 3

I read this book 3 times, and read New Moon and Eclipse long before the movies were ever announced, for which I'm glad, as the movies are some of the worst I have ever seen.

I like the Twilight series. They're not perfect books, they're no where even close to being the best of anything except getting a generation of non-readers to pick up and read, if only briefly.

The relationship between the two main characters is unhealthy at best (and gets more so as the series progresses) and disturbing at worst. Despite this, due to the way it's written, with the noble, self-sacrificing vampire, you can't help but be sucked in by the romance of it. And yes, the books are much more romantic than the movies ever will be.

There is character development, although at some times, it may seem minimal, and the plot does at least keep you interested until the end of the book, if only to see what happens at the end of the book.

Overall, I reckon this would be about 3.5 in my opinion.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.