Annabelle Marie Veronica's Reviews > Firelight

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Sep 12, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: gorgeous-cover, firelight, dragons, books-that-made-me-cry, favorites, fantasy, i-love-a-guy-in-this-book, i-own, magic, romance, cliffhangers, insta-love, got-sucked-in-by-the-cover
Read from July 16 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Ahh, I did love this book. But there were some things that bothered me, and I do need to go over them.

Okay, the writing was a little bit too fragmented for my taste. I still enjoyed the book. I understand that the fragments give the book a faster pace, but it's very difficult to keep up sometimes when the sentences go like this: "So I walk." Obviously this is not an actual sentence from the book, just an example.

I liked Jacinda most of the time, but she was a bit too indecisive. Even I am not that indecisive. She was mostly a strong heroine, but that was one of her major flaws.

Will. Hmmm. I actually didn't care for him too much. I found him creepy, and if I'm honest, rather irritating. I mush preferred Cassian, who has that strong dark and handsome thing I love so much going on.

The romance didn't hit home for me, either. It was too broken at first and then too quick paced. I didn't even really feel like it was at all real. I thought, honestly (and I'm not just saying this because I love Cassian and not Will), that the exchanges Cassian and Jacinda share are more romantic than the kisses between Jacinda and Will.

Overall, however, Firelight was a great read that I genuinely enjoyed.

I definitely recommend the book.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firelight.