Kylie's Reviews > And Then He Kissed Her

And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke

Jan 09, 11

Read from January 03 to 09, 2011

Emma is a quiet, well spoken, follower of the rules. Good social etiquette has always been a priority for her, something that has been drummed into her head since she was a young girl. She is a woman of 30, single and resigned to the fact that she will forever be a spinster.

Lord Marlowe (Harry) is a rule breaker. He believes in living life to the fullest and just enjoying oneself. He throws caution to the wind and believes the opinions of those outside of his family mean nothing. Society all but frowns upon him and his family after Harry's bitter divorce to his adulteress ex-wife, which left him swearing to never marry again.

The two are thrown together after, Emma who has worked for Harry for more than 5 years finally stands her own ground. Situations arise and the two are left questioning all they know and all they believe.

I found this book to be quite brilliant. I loved it! I will admit that it started off rather slow, which drove me rather crazy, but once is started to pick up it's pace I was caught up in the pages and left putting everything aside until I had finished reading it.

Emma has so many characteristics that I found myself relating too! (Lets not start with spinster jokes already lol... I'm only 22 (and 3/4th hehe)) Her lack of self esteem and understanding of self value is something I know many females relate too. She is a strong character though, one that has been though so much. She is also a dreamer and a romantic at heart.

Harry is strong minded, determined, and oh so sexy. Let me tell you! It was great to read half of the story from his point of view and to get a deeper understanding of the characters through the stories they told one another.

I really enjoyed this book! The only reason it didn't get a full 5 starts is because of the slow start, but it is one I plan to read again. This is a series I want to finish and I cannot wait to see what is next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then He Kissed Her.

01/05/2011 page 39
01/07/2011 page 189
50.0% "Getting into now... Yay"
01/08/2011 page 290
77.0% "Can't put it down!"