Stephen's Reviews > After

After by Amy Efaw

Apr 25, 11

Read from April 15 to 25, 2011

Amy Efaw is definitely a writer to watch. Her prose is addictive, her style is beautiful.

I absolutely loved reading her novel. Devon's story is such an inspiration to any person. I found myself relating a lot to Devon and her insecurities. Personally, I hate it when I make mistakes and the bigger ones are the hardest to take. I would never do a thing that Devon did but I found myself growing more and more sympathetic to her as I continued to read.

Efaw's novel also has so many interest parts to it - the relationship between Devon and her mother, Jennifer, the relationship between mothers and daughters, whether or not Devon can be forgiven, the reality behind Devon's motivations, Dom's effectiveness as a lawyer and her relationship with Deevon. There are countless more things I could put down here but they will all say the same thing. This novel is definitely a very complex and intricate one.

I loved it for its complexity and originality. A beautifully written novel that I am proud to own and recommend to all my friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After.

04/15/2011 page 57