Madilyn's Reviews > A Living Nightmare

A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan

Nov 16, 14

bookshelves: 2011-reads, ya, horror, ebook, vampires
Read in February, 2011

The writing wasn't the best, but I really liked the movie and wanted to see how different the books are from the movie. So far, there are some pretty strong differences - some that actually worked better in the movie. I can't figure out how old the characters are, though I know they're under 17. I'm not sure I like that, but whatever... can deal. It's just... it seriously looks like it's written by a 14-yr-old... and not in a "the author got really into character" kind of way and more in a "the author literally wrote this when he was 14 and had nobody to edit it" kind of way.
I'm not a huge fan of the "this is a true story" feel. I do wish to know the story, so I will continue to read the series... thankfully they are fairly short and a very quick read on the Kindle, so I shouldn't get too annoyed at the writing as long as the plot still goes smoothly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Living Nightmare.

02/25/2011 page 89
33.0% "So far, I'm interesting in the story.. though the writing isn't great. I'm also under the impression that this is a "dream" novel - you know, the ones kids write when they're miserable and they insert themselves into the story. :/"