Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly's Reviews > Be Still My Vampire Heart

Jan 26, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in January, 2011 — I own a copy

Be Still My Vampire Heart is book 3 in Kerrelyn Sparks' Love At Stakes series

Angus MacKay has been undead for about 500 years. He was found dying on a battlefield and was given the choice to continue the good fight. He chose to continue on despite the cost. Now, years later he is the head and owner of Angus Security an Investigation. He provides protection for a number of important people including Roman Draganesti, his good friend and a coven master located in NYC. Roman has a problem. There seemed to be some sort of vampire slayer stalking Central Park and he is getting blamed for it. Not that it was a bad thing for the Malcontents, the "bad" vampires, to be dying but he did not want to start a war with them at the moment. That was why he needed Angus to find the slayer.

Emma Wallace was an agent for the CIA's elite Stake-Out team. Her mum and dad were killed by vampires and she was going to take out as many of the monsters as she could. The only good vampire was a dead one as far as she was concerned!

Angus and Emma meet in Central Park. He's looking for the vampire slayer and she's looking for some vampires to slay. At first Emma is a little taken aback at seeing a man in a kilt before here but then she remembers that it's St Patrick's Day. Then she realizes that he just might be a vampire.

This book was really great. I loved to watch the feelings build between Angus and Emma. It also made me laugh. Angus is never sure if all of his bits and pieces are intact after he teleports and can hardly resist taking a peek up his kilt to make sure. Talk about funny! Isn't that just like a man though? Also the very end is great. The last scene left a smile on my face as well as anxious for the next adventure into the world that Kerrelyn Sparks has created!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Still My Vampire Heart.