Wendy's Reviews > The Moonlight Brigade

The Moonlight Brigade by Sarah-Jane Stratford

Sep 11, 11

bookshelves: alternative-history-future, because-i-can-t-not-read-the-sequal
Read from September 06 to 11, 2011

I REALLY enjoyed this story... 4.5 stars.

I see now how the chapters play off of each other, with each chapter switching between the history of Mors, and the modern plot line.

The writing is fluid and beautiful. I like that there are fantasy elements, yet doesn't feel like a 'typical' paranormal knockoff of something popular.

I should also clarify what I mentioned in a status update. A friend thought I was insulting this book by saying it was slightly less caliber than Anne Rice.

I never meant it as an insult..NOT at ALL. Anne Rice is somewhat the Queen of the vampire novels, so all others will no doubt be compared to her books.

I meant that The Millennial books are faster, funner and less prose-y. I don't really read books through the 'language' doorway, but more so because the characters are well written. And in my opinion, Ms. Stratford builds characters you can believe and love.

I can't WAIT for the next one!!! (Write faster, please!!)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moonlight Brigade.

09/06/2011 page 60
19.0% "This book focuses on Mors and his history."
09/08/2011 page 90
28.0% "love this writing style...makes a vampire novel legitimate, instead of silly, sparkly, overwrought with paranormal nooky and useless plot lines. Slightly less caliber than Ann Rice, but heaps better than any teen Vamp novel ever."
09/10/2011 page 230
72.0% "I love the story of Mors... <3"
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane Thank you! Hope you continue to enjoy it.

Wendy wow!!

I never expected this. I AM enjoying it, and am recommending to all my co-workers (and my goodreads friends...)

Thanks for a fantastic book...will there be a third (hopefully)?? ;)

message 3: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane Thank you SO much, Wendy! There will definitely be a third book and I'll write as fast as I can. :-) Cheers!

Wendy Next installment coming soon??