Lisa's Reviews > Manifest

Manifest by Artist Arthur

Jan 15, 11

Read on January 16, 2011 — I own a copy

Manifest is an interesting coming of age novel aimed at young adults with a twist of the paranormal.

Our heroine, Krystal is not immediately likable and is pretty spoilt. She's the kind of girl you love to hate. Which should have put me off, but instead had me hooked. Like watching a car crash or something there was an unexplainable need to find out what happens.

The other characters with supernatural powers were much more likeable and the other books of the series will be written from their point of view which will be really interesting.

Ricky, the ghost that is looking for Krystals help is quite funny and down to earth and has no problems telling her when she's out of line. The mystery surrounding Rickys death really starts to unfold in the second half of the book- which coincides with Krystal becoming much more normal and less whiny. It's the second half of the book where the story really comes into it's own and I really started to be swept along with it.

For a first book of a series it is good enough to make me want to read the second- especially as I need to know more about the mysterious 'M'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manifest.